Effective Date February 2020
The Carsker, Inc. platform is intended for use by an adult general audience. The Carsker, Inc. is not directed to children under the age of 18 and Carsker, Inc. does not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of 18.
Information We Collect
Carsker, Inc. collects and uses Customer’s account, information like your name, email address, phone number, and physical address. Carsker, Inc. may also collect, and associate with Customer’s account, information related to your dealership, such as dealer registration number, vehicle purchases and sales, and tax information. Carsker, Inc. may also receive personal information from our business partners and other third parties. The information we collect is used to improve the content and quality of the Carsker, Inc. platform.
Carsker, Inc. uses information that is collected for the following general purposes:
- to process your applications and related documents required to become a registered dealer with Carsker, Inc. and to decide the acceptance or rejection of your applications. Including to verify, evaluate and/or monitor your creditworthiness;
- to conduct market analysis, traffic flow analysis and related reporting;
- to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send you information related to our services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to contact you to provide you with information regarding Carsker, Inc.’s business;
- to provide advertisements to you through our web site, email messages, mobile applications or other methods of communication;
- to administer surveys, contests or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us, our vendors or other third-party service providers;
- to help us to develop, evaluate and improve our sales and marketing strategies and techniques;
- to operate and improve our platform and services provided;
- to customize/personalize your Carsker, Inc. experience, for example by pre-populating forms and displaying relevant content;
- to provide third parties with information necessary to permit that third party to conduct business with Carsker, Inc. and/or effectively provide you with services.
- to respond to legal process and reasonable inquiries from regulatory and/or investigative authorities.
Information is not shared with or sold to others for commercial purposes, except to provide the products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law, regulation or governmental request.
- We may share and/or transfer information in the event of a potential or actual acquisition of Carsker, Inc. or its merger with another company.
When Customers use our Services, we store and process your information and information related to your use of the services (for example, photos, transaction history, feedback, signature, etc.) If Customer gives us access to Customer contacts, Carsker, Inc. will store those contacts on our servers for Customer to use. This will make it easy for the Customer to buy and sell vehicles, send emails, and invite others to use the Services.
How We Share Information
- We may combine information that we collect about you with information that we collect about other users of our platform or affiliated services. We may use such aggregated information and disclose it to third parties as we see fit. The aggregate data may or may not be anonymized.
- We may share any information we collect about you with any third-party vendors, consultants or service providers that we engage to perform services on our behalf and that need access to the information to carry out their work for us.
Carsker, Inc. may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Carsker, Inc. or our Customers; or (d) protect Carsker, Inc.’s property rights.
Carsker, Inc. will display information like your name, images, and auction history to other reps and dealerships in places like your rep profile and notifications. Certain features let customers make additional information available to other parties.
Carsker, Inc. takes commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. Of course, we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information on the internet. The password-protected areas of the Carsker, Inc. are secured by industry standard encryption. However, it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password(s) and other user credentials. You are also required to log-in to your Carsker, Inc. account after a certain period has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account.
Retention, Data Storage and Transmission
All personally identifiable information you provide to Carsker, Inc. is secured on servers with restricted access. We reserve the right to use third party agents and service providers, who are bound by strict confidentiality guidelines, to perform storage and processing functions. We will store your personal information for as long as there is a business need for it in accordance with applicable record retention policies and a range of legal and regulatory recordkeeping requirements
To provide you with the Services, we may store, process and transmit information in locations outside the United States. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Change of Control
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Web is an evolving medium. If we decide to change this Privacy Statement at some point in the future, we’ll post the changes here and update the reference to the effective date to reflect the date of the amendment. By using our Service on or after the effective date of any such amendment, you agree that your use, and any dispute over privacy, is governed by this Privacy Statement, as amended.